Mergers & Acquisitions
Merger Lawyers in MD
The Law Offices of Kirk Halpin & Associates, P.A., the number one choice for merger lawyers in MD, has significant experience in handling mergers and acquisitions and sales of businesses involving asset purchase and sale, joint ventures, mergers, spin-offs, split-offs and stock purchase and sale. Our merger and acquisition lawyers provide comprehensive legal services to businesses in Columbia, Baltimore, Howard County and throughout Maryland, including advice on the structuring of potential transactions, pre-acquisition due diligence, negotiating and drafting agreements, assistance with finance and assistance with State and Federal agency filings.
Merger & Acquisition Services
When representing a buyer or seller, we provide the following legal services:
Drafting and Analysis of Merger and Acquisition Agreements and Accompanying Agreements
- Drafting and/or analysis of acquisition agreements and letters of intent
- Drafting and/or review of stock purchase, asset purchase agreements, or other commercial transactions. Sample representations include drafting and negotiating stock purchase agreements to buy a restaurant, a transportation business and several real estate investment companies
- Drafting and/or analysis of confidentiality agreements, non-compete agreements, and employment agreements. Sample representations include drafting and negotiating a confidentiality agreement and non-compete agreement on behalf of buyer of apartment complex
- Drafting and/or review of consulting and engagement agreements with potential financial advisors or lending sources. Sample representations include assisting a client with negotiating a term sheet and loan documents from bank to finance acquisition of medical practice in Howard County
- Drafting and/or analysis of loan commitment agreements, security agreements
Due Diligence and Asset Review
- Assist in reviewing the selling company’s intellectual property including its software, trademarks and service marks
- Reviewing the selling company’s material contracts including major consulting or project contracts, software licenses, development and distribution agreements, real estate and personal property leases, employment agreements, non-disclosure and non-solicitation agreements, loan agreements and other financial arrangements, insurance policies, general distribution arrangements, joint ventures and option agreements
- Assist in reviewing other due diligence materials such as litigation, title to certain assets, and business licenses. Sample representations include assisting a client with negotiating letter of intent, due diligence review and negotiating asset purchase agreement to acquire a four-chain coffee bar business in Maryland
Closing Transaction, Post-Closing Filing and Dispute Resolution
- Preparing for and conducting the closing of the transaction
- Managing “post-closing” process, such as filing appropriate forms with state and local government agencies and filing documentation regarding changes in title to assets
- Handling any post-closing issues or disputes
How Can We Help?
To discuss your legal concerns regarding a merger or acquisition, complete our contact form or call 410-531-1700 for a free consultation.